NDIS Development of Daily Living and Life Skills Adelaide
NDIS Development of daily living and life skills focuses on training and development activities undertaken to increase your ability to live as autonomously as possible. This includes supports such as using public transport independently, maintaining personal hygiene regularly and much more.
At Ross Care, we have a team of qualified and experienced staff who can help you build your independence so you can work towards living an easier life in which you are able to meet more of your needs. Development of Daily Living and Life Skills support enables you to increase your independence, confidence and to cope better with life’s challenges.
What is NDIS Development of Daily Living and Life Skills?
NDIS Development of Daily Living and Life Skills assistance assists you in working towards your goals of increasing your independence and confidence so that you can make the most of your life. Through tailored support in various areas of your life, we will help you build your everyday skills and practise daily activities so that you can live as independently as possible. We offer Development of Daily Living and Life Skills assistance in a variety of areas in everyday life, including:
- Communication & social: developing skills to improve communication (verbal and written) with providers and carrying out more engaging conversations with peers and people in the community.
- Food and nutrition: gaining the ability to plan meals, shop for groceries, and prepare healthy meals on one’s own.
- Transport and travel: gaining the ability to plan your own outings and use public transportation independently.
- Health and wellbeing: Knowing how to keep yourself healthy and happy is essential for gaining independence. This can include teaching the value of nutrition, grocery shopping, meal planning and preparation, and developing healthy weekly meal plans.
- Personal hygiene: Learning how to shower, dress, and take care of oneself.
- Cleaning and home maintenance: learning how to do housework, laundry, gardening, and general household repairs.
Development of Daily Living and Life Skills support we can assist with includes:
Using public transport
Maintaining personal hygiene
Preparing a meal
Maintaining cleanliness of the home
Maintaining social relationships
NDIS DEVELOPMENT OF LIFE SKILLS ADELAIDE THAT HELP YOU LIVE INDEPENDENTLY
Building everyday skills does not only make you more independent, but also increases your confidence and self-esteem. Learning new things gives us confidence and teaches us how to manage our lives on our own. People with disabilities are frequently marginalised in society. They face barriers to living independently and fully participating in their communities that most people take for granted, such as communication and navigating day-to-day activities. Ross Care believes that everyone should have the opportunity to participate, be included, and be connected. That is why, through our development of daily living and life skills services, we work hard every day to provide opportunities for people with disabilities.
Areas we serve for NDIS Development of Daily Living and Life Skills in Adelaide
- Blair Athol
- Walkleys Height
- Gilles Plains
- Windsor Gardens
- Vale Park
- Sefton Park
- Devon Park
- Dudley Park
- Dudley Park
- Croydon Park